Results. They’re what you want from your advertising, right? Then we encourage you to have a close look at Rare Method. Our motto is Results Rule. It means we will always choose strategies and executions that our expertise tells us will achieve the marketing results our clients seek. Yes, we love to do bold, innovative advertising, but we’re also fearless in sticking up for tried and true approaches. Whatever gets results. Do you feel the same way? Then please give us a call - or see our video to learn more.
RETAIL AND SERVICES
Rare Method is the new agency of record for FYidoctors, a national optometry company. We’ll provide FYi with strategic and creative services to promote their offering of high tech, high quality, doctor-driven eye care. Our first project is phase one of their new website.
More New Clients:
Destination and Hospitality
Thanks to our deep and long-time experience in the destination and hospitality market sectors we’ve nabbed a couple of great new clients. Rare Method is the advertising agency of record for the new Utah Museum of Natural History and we’ll be handling advertising work for the Waldorf Astoria chain’s Grand Wailea Resort in Maui. We’ll roll out new TV and print work for these fine destinations in the coming weeks.
In the past two years we’ve built a strong portfolio in the retail sector. Our work for Northland Village Mall helped them nab “Best Customer Service” gold at the ICSC Marketing Awards. Our work for Calgary Downtown has enhanced their stature as Calgary’s premier fashion destination. A Facebook campaign we did for Sport Chek helped them gain 60,000 new Likes. And we’ve helped drive shoppers to Bower Place Mall with multiple integrated campaigns.
Alluding to the intoxicating possibilities of a fine meal, our campaign for The Big Taste, Calgary's premier dining festival, created a lot of buzz. Facebook likes jumped by almost 30%, web traffic spiked through way up, and event attendance was high (so to speak).
Browse our best
Scroll or click:
- Calgary Parking Authority
- Downtown Calgary
- Northland Village Mall
- Travel Alberta
- Utah State Fair
- SLC Visitors Bureau
- V Chocolates
- Durham Jones & Pinegar
- Best of Web
- Best of TV
- Best of Print
- Best of Logos
See more of our best.
Please check back for updates as we add to our Archives.
But don't just take our work for it:
Bayer CropScience Canada
“Rare Method has been instrumental in strategizing and developing our online marketing programs. Their focus on measurement and analytics has been a great benefit to refining and improving all aspects of our marketing and communications as we strive to build the Best-in-Class marketing programs in our industry.”
“We were very pleased with the results from the Facebook Like campaign Rare Method ran for us. During the campaign we gained more than 60,000 new Likes. More than 70% of these came from ads developed through collaboration between Rare Method and our team. Thanks Rare Method!”
Salt Lake City has a stigma. Too conservative. Too dull. Too beer-less. Our work for the Salt Lake Convention and Visitors Bureau could have ignored these perceptions – with eight ski resorts just minutes away, there’s plenty else to talk about – but we decided to take them on. On one hand we dispel the misconceptions (You can get a beer here!), on the other we embrace our “uniqueness.” Our tagline “Different by Nature” sums it up – with a nod to our natural wonders. Despite the recession, 2009 was a record year for tourism in SLC; we’ll take some of the credit.
Of course we included sumptuous food shots in our TV spot for Moxie’s, but if you want to motivate diners you have to create anticipation – and desire - for the whole experience of a night out. To achieve this result we picked award-winning filmmaker Jeth Weinrich as director and DOP for the spot. The high-style sexy sophistication of his videos for Dolce and Gabanna and Guess and the fluid story-telling he shows in his music videos were perfect for expressing the excitement of a great dining experience.
Our Services Include:
Strategy and Planning
Market research & competitive analysis. Marketing & communications planning.
Advertising & Brand Communication
Concepting, design & copywriting in all media.
Websites & Online Experiences
Websites. Mobile Apps. Video. Animation.
Campaign and website analysis, reporting, and optimization.
Integrated all-media strategy. Media buying. Search engine-, social media-, mobile-, & email-marketing.
We’re charming people & we do great work. Find out what we can do for you.
On Air Recording Studios
A division of Rare Method providing voice over recording, voice prompts, message on hold services, and more. Go to OnAir.ca
from OUR ARCHIVES
(and Napoleon too)
The film Napoleon Dynamite wasn’t yet the t-shirt selling, catch phrase-generating, pop culture smash it eventually would become when we cast its stars, Jon Heder and Efren Ramirez, in these spots for the Utah State Fair. The characters Napoleon and Pedro were relatively unknown - and hardly anyone knew what a Liger was – but how could we not cast them? After all nothing evokes the fun of a state fair like a couple of pimply, socially awkward, high school dorks, right?
Yes, this bit of wise casting - and the great scripts and art direction - is one of our proudest moments. See the campaign.
Rare Method is a full-service advertising and marketing company. We’ve been operating since 1999.
Our motto is Results Rule. It means we will always choose strategies and executions – from ground-breaking to tried-and-true – that our expertise tells us will achieve the marketing results our clients seek. See our video to learn more about our work and approach.
If you represent a business organization with a marketing challenge or opportunity and you share our Results Rule thinking, please contact us for a quick response. We most often work with medium- to enterprise-size businesses but we also consider client enquiries from start-ups and smaller organizations.
The Rare Method’s subsidiary On Air Recording Studios offers a full range of audio production services.
Rare Method became a publicly traded company in 2001. We are listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the trading symbol RAM. More investor information.
- Marty Park Chief Executive Officer
CV: CEO, 18 years business experience.
Favorite RM Campaign: I love the results we achieved in our Facebook campaign for Northland Village. We helped them gain more "Likes" than any other mall in Calgary. I've ran several businesses in my career and I know that building a contact list like that is absolutely invaluable.
Advertising Likes: "The Most Interesting Man in the World" for Dos Equis: Funny. Smart. Made me love the brand. In fact, I'm thirsty right now.
Great Moments: When I was 25 I poured my very paltry savings into opening a bar/restaurant. Five years later I sold my share for more than 20 times my investment. That was good ROI.
Ad Advice: Put yourself in the shoes of your clients. As a longtime entrepreneur and operator of businesses in several market sectors I have a very keen understanding of the marketing needs of clients and, more importantly, what's at stake for them. This is why I think what we do at Rare Method is critical. You need to market your services to generate leads to sell to. If you don't, nothing else matters. Every other role in a company depends on what sales and marketing creates.
More Ad Advice: Business is people. When I really started to understand that, business got better.
- Scott Hartley Director of Client Services
CV: Director of Client Services, 15 years experience.
Favorite RM Campaign: Our campaign for the Visit Salt Lake. So many tourism brands follow the same formula: pretty pictures of places and things + dramatic sound track = the standard "we have something for everyone" approach. But this campaign recognized common perceptions, or in this case, misperceptions and set out to change consumer behaviour.
Advertising Likes: NFL Network's campaign for the 2012/13 broadcast schedule. Granted, they're only one of the latest to jump on the quirky spokesperson bandwagon, but c'mon, "...I've got a little ding dong for your liberty bell..." is just plain good writing.
L'Odyssee de Cartier ad. Not just because of it's cinematography show of excellence, but because of what it said about the brand. Like it or not, and even through this global economic crisis, there is still a significant market of wealth for luxury brands like Cartier to cater to. And this effort basically gave the middle finger to all the other luxury brands that have been too afraid to speak unabashedly in a tone that is true to their consumers and their brand.
Great Moments: My parents were in from Vancouver for Christmas and my dad and I took my four year old son to a World Junior Hockey Championships game. It was my son's first "big league" game and there was a moment that seemed as if it was an out of body experience - it was if I was an outsider looking at the three of us sitting there together, my son in awe of the game, my dad in awe of my son, and me in awe of this wonderful thing we call fatherhood.
Favorite Ad Quotation: "Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory." - Dr. Seuss
Ad Advice: The advent of digital mediums has led to a fragmented and transactional based marketing environment and has led many ad folks to predict the death of Brand. But in this era when ad budgets no longer represent the marketing power of a brand, and when open consumer conversations can carry more weight than a multi-national TV campaign, the brand experience must be delivered across all channels with relevance, transparency, and authenticity. Brand has never been more important than now.
- David Cree Director of Digital Services
CV: Director of Digital Services. 10 years experience.
Favorite RM Campaign: The one we're about to do for you... My greatest joy in this position is sitting down with clients and coming up with strategies that produce real results (AKA increasing your bottom line).
Advertising Likes: Chipotle released a brilliant YouTube video a few years ago. Harnessing the vocal power and brand of Willy Nelson singing the iconic song from Coldplay, The Scientist, Chipotle released an animated video telling the story of agriculture and the food industry's demise into the industrial age. The video is touching and evokes an emotional response.
Great Moments: Mother's Day Moment. We were working with a national franchise chain of florists that wanted to reach the online audience more effectively. We were able to dramatically increase traffic through 3 channels of online advertising: Google Search Results, Adwords and demographically targeted Facebook ads. Mothers were extremely happy all over Canada!
Memorable Moment: The first time I saw a client come up number one in the search engines for multiple phrases. The reaction of the owner was jubilance, excitement about his business and thankfulness. Nothing beats that.
Inspiring Advertising Story: I used to sell websites. That was it. Customers would come to the firm I was at frustrated that the website they built and paid for wasn't achieving any growth in their business and they now wanted a new website, better design etc... I hated selling a website that I knew wasn't the real answer; the real answer would be an online marketing strategy, including a well optimized website that would generate real leads for their business. I stopped selling websites and started helping businesses get results.
- Kevin Rosmanitz Associate Creative Director
CV: Associate Creative Director. 8 years experience.
Favorite RM Campaign: IMV Tribute Video. We needed to capture the story of Ivan and Maia Velev as a surprise for a gala event. The couple escaped from communist Bulgaria, with two kids, in a borrowed Lada that got sold off in France. And that's pretty much the tone of their life. 20 years later they're running a prominent oil and gas company with 800 employees. We interviewed people that have been along for the journey and wove together a story that captures the warmth and generosity of the couple, as well as their 'work hard, play hard' ethos. I hadn't even met them before the event but felt like I'd known them for years.
Great Moments: Infiniti World's Fastest Hybrid. Our client was trying to elevate the perception of their brand to the same tier as the big guys. To help them out, we found a key stat where they rivaled Porsche and set up a race at a former Air Force Base in California. I suggested we make it look like a Porsche ad and then pull a bait and switch on the audience. It fired up some debate and racked up nearly 400,000 hits on YouTube in the first month. Suddenly people were talking about Porsche and Infiniti in the same breath.
Inspiration: There is this Lance Armstrong commercial that Weiden+Kennedy did about ten years ago. It's him riding his bike all over with some nice music. He surges passed a train, leads a flock of geese, waves at some sick kids, outpaces charging buffalo, and hangs with a bunch of guys on Harleys. Final scene is a kid on a little bike trying to keep up. I love the storytelling in that ad - the metaphor, the point, and the heart in it. Makes me gooey every time I watch it.
Memorable Moment: Honestly - and this might be cheesy - but anytime anyone has ever said, "we love it!", and you can see the enthusiasm shining in his or her eyes. They love something you made for them. How cool is that? Feels special every time. (awwwww...)
Inspiring Advertising Story: Growing up, I wallpapered my room with ads torn out of cycling magazines. I don't think I even knew they were ads. They were glimpses into the attitude and character of the people I idolized and they had so much more feeling than a lot of the columns in the magazines. It dawned on me that writing long paragraphs might not be the best way to tell a story, and that you could do it with an image and two sentences, if you were clever. I would buy all the issues in a month and just read the ads. Actually, I still do that.
- Tyler Power Senior Art Director
CV: Senior Art Director, 8 Years Experience
Favorite RM Campaign: It came as a surprise to even me, but there's something about the Grand Wailea creative that always sticks out in my mind. Maybe it's my attachment to the Islands of Maui or maybe it the fact that I can appreciate the difficulty in tackling a campaign that markets a product that basically sells itself. The unique play on words and the simplicity of the campaign design speak volumes about the client and the kind of thinking that goes on behind these doors. Truthfully though I think my Favorite RM Campaign is still in the works.
Advertising Likes: In this day and age we are surrounded by so many amazing campaigns with Apple's "Think different" ,Nike's "Just Do It" and the inspirational work that Dove does with "Real Beauty". But for me I always return to my childhood, for some reason nostalgia has always struck a chord with me and I'm a sucker for a catchy jingle. We need to bring back "Juicy fruit is gonna move you" and "double your enjoyment with Double Mint Gum". That stuff really sticks. Don't you agree?
Inspiration: Inspiration comes from all around us, sometimes when you least expect it: my friends, my family, my colleagues, long nights in the office and long days on the river, fishing. It's often the simpler things in life. I take color palettes from the landscape around us, because no one has a better sense for color than Mother Nature, textures come to me on my walk to work or in the scenery of a road-trip. Inspiration comes from surrounding yourself with inspiring situations and inspiring people. From the real world.
Favorite Ad Quotation: "Don't confuse legibility with communication. Just because something is legible doesn't mean it communicates and, more importantly, doesn't mean it communicates the right thing." - David Carson
"Graphic Design will save the world right after rock and roll does"- David Carson
"Real eyes, Realize, real lies." - Machinehead
Ad Advice: At the end of the day make sure you enjoy what it is you do and take pride in what it is you've delivered. Design is design, whether it's for a global brand or for the mom and pop shop down the street. I believe everyone deserves good thinking and good design and there's no bigger reward for us creative types than handing over something to a client (big or small) and knowing by the look on their face that you've hit it out of the park. David Carson may have said "Design wont save the world, but we can most certainly make it a more beautiful place to live with it".
Top-tier Utah law firm Durham Jones & Pinegar asked Rare Method to create a new corporate branding look that would work across all their marketing materials. Strategically, D[J]P’s tagline, “Expertise. Vision. Integrity.” is the star of the campaign. Each sharply-designed execution features one element of the tagline and explains how D[J]P is able to deliver the benefits. Simple. Confident. A class act. (And the client is loving the results.)
Our most recent project for 3M is a video presentation application for the iPad. 3M Health's product and service offering is inherently complicated and can be difficult to understand. The videos we produced help 3M salespeople more easily explain their services, and great scripts, performances and strong production values make the content more engaging.
In our 12-year relationship with 3M we've pretty much done it all: brand advertising, trade show support, corporate collateral, web programs, product campaigns, direct mail and email campaigns, media planning and buying, and more. And whether it's a brochure or an iPad app, the challenges
have always been the same: Make highly technical content more engaging, and make complicated ideas more simple – for audiences from the "C" suite to administration.
- (403) 543-4500
- (403) 532-3004
- #500, 1812 4th Street SW
On Air Studios
- (403) 543-3333
- (403) 543-4525
- 804C – 16TH Ave SW
We did it all for V Chocolates. Research (a lot of tasting, really), naming, brand position, package design, prints ads, billboards. And we did it fast. Less than six months from first meeting to first sale.
Best of TV
Want big impact for your brand? It's hard to beat TV and video.
Work with us
Rare Method invites inquiries from anyone interested in working with us - fulltime or on contract. If you are inquiring about a creative position (writer, designer, art director) please include work samples: industry and spec work on PDF or portfolio site.
As the Account Manager on the business, you will lead and manage agency resources to ensure the delivery of high quality service and advertising so that all client needs are met on time and on budget. This position also requires you to assist in developing short and long term communication strategies for the client.
Reports To: Director of Client Services
- Ensure that all projects are executed to plan through managing the internal team, agency resources and workflow process
- Under the supervision of the Director of Client Services you will provide clients with innovative short and long term strategic marketing guidance
- Fully understand the clients business and maintain current industry knowledge
- Assist in monitoring the competitive environment
- Develop a positive and partnering relationship with all clients
- Keep Director of Client Services informed of account activities
- Take an active role building the clients business, generating new strategies and anticipating communication needs
- Assist in building and championing integration of the business
- Ensure that the agency team produces all client work with highest level of quality, ensuring that creative is on strategy
- Write clear and concise briefs (creative and media)
- Provide council to team and client on communication projects
- Responsible for tracking fiscal budgets and internal budgets
- Provides input into staffing plans, budgets and promotions
- Take an active role in building a positive agency culture
- Take an active role in developing all direct reports, providing mentorship and positive work environment
- Assist in conducting performance reviews
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in a client service role in an agency with a focus on digital and mass advertising or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated creative and innovative thinker
- Ability to write effective creative briefs and POV’S
- Track record of building strong long term client relationships
- Continually drive for results and highest quality standards
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to keep composure in high stress situations
- Superior organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with ability to lead a business
- Solid understanding of the creative process
- Category experience a strong asset
- Ability to design and deliver presentation with a creative flare
- Proficient in full MS office suite of products
- Post secondary education in marketing/advertising an asset
- CAAP an asset
Does this sound like you? Are you ready for the next challenge in your career? Is this the job that you were born to do? Are you looking to become a team member in an amazing advertising agency? Talented candidates that are in search of a new challenge are encouraged to apply online or via e-mail at [email protected]. Please quote “Account Manager - Calgary” in the subject line of your e-mail. PLEASE apply via one method only! We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits and an extensive employee perks program. Pleae have a look through our website to learn more about us, our legacy and to see some of our great work.
We're seeking a highly ambitious Account Coordinator to work on a wide variety of very cool, hip and interesting agency client business. You’ll need to be sharp, resourceful, with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude. Your role is a critical one on our team as you’ll be assisting to create, execute and enhance the results-focused delivery of our agency client campaigns and initiatives. The Account Coordinator role is best suited to a highly motivated individual a keen interest in marketing, social media monitoring, special events and competitive analysis and other activities including, but not limited to website project management, online display development and maintenance, customer research. You’ll need to have 2-3 years small/medium agency experience, meaning that you’ll need to know how to do a BCR or a client status report or write a contact report, or …
Reports To: Sr. Account Manager / Director of Client Services
- Responsible for all campaign executions once the plan and concepts have been approved by the client Act as a key resource to the internal account team and assist in the consistent delivery of client communications
- Develop meeting agendas and prepare client meeting summary contact reports that are efficient and effective in capturing important messages and actions
- Support the full Client Services in the development of credentials presentations, internal briefings, program executions, status updates, de-brief meetings, and/or corporate communications as required
- Support the Client Service team in the administration, delivery and maintenance of required client documentation including contacts (service agreements), project scopes, client budgets, payment schedules, invoicing, change-orders, forecasts, reports, and surveys
- Carry out relevant research and competitive analysis projects
- Perform other support projects as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a client service role in an agency with a focus on digital and mass advertising or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in a team environment demonstrating versatility
- Strong communication skills, with a keen ability to support a larger team, with many competing priorities and moving parts A positive attitude and commitment to always positively contribute and deliver results-focused work at all times
- Demonstrated creative and innovative thinker
- Ability to keep composure in high stress situations
- Superior organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Solid understanding of the creative process Proficient in full MS office suite of products
- Post secondary education in Marketing/PR/Communications CAAP an asset
Does this sound like you? Are you ready for the next challenge in your career? Is this the job that you were born to do? Are you looking to become a team member in an amazing advertising agency? Talented candidates that are in search of a new challenge are encouraged to apply online or via e-mail at [email protected]. Please quote “Account Coordinator - Calgary” in the subject line of your e-mail. PLEASE apply via one method only! We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits and an extensive employee perks program. Pleae have a look through our website to learn more about us, our legacy and to see some of our great work.
We’re looking for a flexible IT Specialist to manage all aspects of our cool boutique marketing agency. Some of our staff and systems are on MAC and some are on Windows, so ideally you’re pretty handy in both environments. A lot of our work goes out online so your ability to help stage and launch projects is also a key consideration. Ideally you’d bring around 5 years of experience across similar disciplines and an education to support that. We’re a dynamic and exciting place to work, located right in the vibrant Mission area of Calgary.
Information Technology Management
- Manage development and staging environments
- Manage MS Exchange server
- Assists in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure
- Implements network security
- Oversees the administration and maintenance of the company's infrastructure,
- Initiates and implements improvements in all areas of IT responsibility
- Serves as main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the office assigned
- Responds/acts on upper-management direction
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Manages day-to-day internal client interaction
- Sets and manages internal client expectations
- Communicates effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and provides expert support when necessary
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal and external client satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes and possible solutions
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products
- Manages the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies
- Ensures that company assets are maintained responsibly
- Manages and develops upgrades to the company's telephone systems
- Oversees telephone system changes
We're looking for a code cowboy. Or code ninja? How about code wizard? Let's just say you're good. We're a small(ish) and growing agency with big ideas and nice people. We're collaborative and even though you're super good at your job you are also great within a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Certificate in web design and programming also considered
- Minimum 3 years PHP, RUBY and .NET programming experience
- Minimum 3 years experience working with MySQL databases.
- Minimum 3 years experience coding website layouts with clean XHTML1/HTML5 and CSS2/CSS3
- Uses W3C-standards for all table-less HTML development
- Experience using Dreamweaver or Visual Studio 2008+ , Adobe Photoshop, Subversion (SVN) or Mercurial, Google Analytics, Omniture or WebTrends, PHP MVC Frameworks such as Codeigniter, Kohana, or Cake PHP.
- Develops for standard web platforms, including Internet Explorer 7/8/9, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and possibly others
- Experience refactoring existing code for performance, scalability, and Experience maintainability
- Experience with organic search engine optimization and best practices
- Experience with collaboration and project management tools
- Ability to learn, understand and integrate new technologies
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities as circumstances dictate
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Experience implementing/managing e-commerce platforms and integrating with third party vendors.
- Experience developing software for marketing applications
- Experience developing applications for the social web (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Participates in full lifecycle web application development, including application design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance
- Documents web site functionality, installation and administrative procedures when needed.
- Develops and maintains a strong knowledge of third party products and internal systems used in Rare Method web site development.
- Is a key player in the Rare Method technology offering, participating in brainstorming, business development lead by executive and client services, and gives confidence to client-side marketing and technology stakeholders
- Advocates best practices within the team and maintains industry standards
We are seeking a passionate, skilled, versatile, smart and really nice designer with 5+ years experience to join our collaborative creative team. We work in all media and so should you. In the morning you might work on a poster layout then brainstorm concepts with the team. After lunch it could be a website design, graphics for a video, a couple of logos, or a quick business card. You’ll get a competitive salary, great opportunity for growth, a positive work environment, and beer on Fridays. Please respond with your CV and a link to your portfolio.
Rare Method (TSX: RAM) is a full-service advertising agency with offices in Calgary and Salt Lake City. We've been in business since 1999. We have special expertise in the online world where results can be known almost instantly. We carry the “Results Rule” thinking that has made us successful on the Web to our work in all media. It's what makes us a little different. And, we think, a little better.
Best of Logos
Rare Method has been a publicly traded corporation since 2001.
Sedar Info: The System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval allows public access to Canadian securities information, including our own. See the Rare Method Sedar listing.
For more investor information or to request an investor presentation, please contact Marty Park, CEO at (403) 543-4500 (ext. 341) or via contact.
Though we've always been "full-service," our Calgary office is often thought of as primarily a digital agency. No surprise. Our project list since 1999 is definitely web-heavy. And while it may leave the wrong impression of the actual breadth of our skills we're proud of our digital reputation. It means the market knows that online is a true area of expertise for us - rather than something we picked up (or contracted out) along the way. Plus, when you work online where results can be known instantly, it sharpens your skills in all areas of marketing. See some sites that made our reputation:
Our Results Rule Rules
"Results Rule" is a lot about how we think: We're constantly focused on getting you the results you want. But it's also about what we think. Herewith, our ever-expanding collection of rules, maxims, bon mots, tips, and more.
We love this story. After five years as Travel Alberta International’s digital agency (another agency handled the traditional side) we were the lead and sole agency for the 2009/10 winter campaign. That was the good news. The (seemingly) bad news was that the total campaign budget was significantly lower than the previous year’s. Getting the results the client wanted was going to be tough.
Our answer was a fully integrated campaign - web, online display, Facebook, search engine marketing, events, print, out of home, and restobar videos. The results? On a reduced budget we achieved a 42%
increase in site visits and exceeded the client’s target for leads delivered to resorts and other tourism operators.
So where’s the danger? Delivering better results with less budget could set a dangerous precedent. After all, for example, if a client got twice the results from half the budget they might think that halving the budget again might yield four times the results. And so on, and so on...
Want to lean more about how an integrated strategy and smart creative can help you make the most of your budget?